THE ONE WITH A POEM.....AND A BAR (non alcoholic)


I wrote this poem a week before I found out I had cancer.  I felt bad for so many that have been struggling during such a difficult time. SO much conflict and disaster all around. I am way too much of a softie and wish I could fix everything.   I wanted to create something that meant something to me, and could hopefully bring joy to others.  Little did I know that I would want to reflect on this often for my own personal fall back. 

I am a sucker for all things artsy.  I wish I felt more comfortable sharing things I have written.  This blog feels safe because I can see how many looks it gets and thankfully it isn't too many.  I don't know why that gives me relief.  I feel so easily judged and very vulnerable right now.  I don't like it.  And I don't know what imaginary bar I have set for myself and why I have.  SO DUMB.  The problem I've realized is that I think the truth of the matter is, the fake bar that I do have set for myself is ever changing, and because of that I will never reach it.  Ever.  It's like playing hopscotch ....on Tidal Wave ......at Lagoon.....with your eyes closed.  (eye roll) You may not know what this Lagoon Tidal Wave is that I speak of,  and I apologize.  It's the first thing that came to mind.  However, if you do know that of what I speak, then the picture is crystal clear. 

If you do share this with others, please keep my name attached.   I have a hard time sharing things like this because I have been burned in the past with people passing my thoughts and feelings off as their own.  That hurts.  I am not trying to be self aggrandizing, but honesty is the best policy.  Right? 



VALIDATION
Mindy Stailey

It’s just a day
A week
A month
And it was tough before 
Hardships don’t know timeframes
Heartache knows no bounds
Sadness can’t discriminate
Eyes are often looking down
But sunshine does reach corners
Broken can be fixed
Spirits will be mended
Love’s goodness will transfix 
No sadness lasts forever
No darkness has its way
No pain will lasting burrow
No shadows live all day
Lend yourself some kindness
Don’t beat up your soul
We’re all in survival mode
No one is alone 
Pick up the ones around you 
if your arms allow for such
Don’t worry if it’s you you’re holding
that’s more than enough
Try grinning through the gloominess
Or crying in the rain
I validate your feelings
Of both happiness and pain
This too will surely pass away
Is life nothing but to be enjoyed?
One foot in front of the other 
To fill each and every void. 
Every sentencing will be lifted 
Every heart again will cheer
We do hard things right now you see
But, There is nothing and I mean nothing to fear.

Comments

  1. That is a very timely, and appropriate poem, and it comes from your heart. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is so good and so perfect for all that’s been going on with so many people struggling. I’m going to share it on Facebook. You are so talented. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem! God bless you, give you peace and heal you at this most difficult news of breast cancer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE ONE WITH A HYSTER SISTER

THE ONE WITH THE LETTER

THE ONE WITH THERAPY